Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device that generates a particular substance in the form of vapor, especially for medicinal inhalation.
atomizer, vaporizer, aerosol, sprinklerView synonyms
- ‘Essential oils can be added to bath water, dropped onto a tissue or handkerchief, added to a vaporiser, or used in massage lotions.’
- ‘Using a cool-mist vaporizer to humidify the air may help soothe irritated breathing passages and relieve coughing.’
- ‘Putting a vaporizer or humidifier in your child's room may help him breathe.’
- ‘Try sitting the child in a steamy bathroom, using a vaporiser or placing a damp towel near a radiator to create moist air.’
- ‘Use a vaporizer at night to keep your nasal passages from drying out.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.