A device that generates a particular substance in the form of vapor, especially for medicinal inhalation.
atomizer, aerosol, sprinklerView synonyms
- ‘Use a vaporizer at night to keep your nasal passages from drying out.’
- ‘Essential oils can be added to bath water, dropped onto a tissue or handkerchief, added to a vaporiser, or used in massage lotions.’
- ‘Using a cool-mist vaporizer to humidify the air may help soothe irritated breathing passages and relieve coughing.’
- ‘Putting a vaporizer or humidifier in your child's room may help him breathe.’
- ‘Try sitting the child in a steamy bathroom, using a vaporiser or placing a damp towel near a radiator to create moist air.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.