Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device that generates a particular substance in the form of vapor, especially for medicinal inhalation.
atomizer, vaporizer, aerosol, sprinklerView synonyms
- ‘Try sitting the child in a steamy bathroom, using a vaporiser or placing a damp towel near a radiator to create moist air.’
- ‘Essential oils can be added to bath water, dropped onto a tissue or handkerchief, added to a vaporiser, or used in massage lotions.’
- ‘Use a vaporizer at night to keep your nasal passages from drying out.’
- ‘Putting a vaporizer or humidifier in your child's room may help him breathe.’
- ‘Using a cool-mist vaporizer to humidify the air may help soothe irritated breathing passages and relieve coughing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.