One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Wielding his mighty blade, he is the redeemer of souls and the vanquisher of Satan.’
- ‘My husband, who has seen this same vanquisher of toothaches, told me tales of a small dark office, all of which made those little bats in my stomach flutter faster.’
- ‘Meg was unable to stop herself from throwing that challenge in her vicious vanquisher's face.’
- ‘It may be illustrative to return to the career of the Emperor Phocus - and that of his vanquisher and successor, the Emperor Heraclius.’
- ‘Lacking the fitness and finesse of England's vanquishers, the Edinburgh side soon found the northerners fighting their way back into the game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.