One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lacking the fitness and finesse of England's vanquishers, the Edinburgh side soon found the northerners fighting their way back into the game.’
- ‘Wielding his mighty blade, he is the redeemer of souls and the vanquisher of Satan.’
- ‘My husband, who has seen this same vanquisher of toothaches, told me tales of a small dark office, all of which made those little bats in my stomach flutter faster.’
- ‘Meg was unable to stop herself from throwing that challenge in her vicious vanquisher's face.’
- ‘It may be illustrative to return to the career of the Emperor Phocus - and that of his vanquisher and successor, the Emperor Heraclius.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.