A race of Norse gods, allies of the Aesir, that function as fertility divinities.
- ‘The gods lived in strictly organized communities - in many ways like the owners of a large house at Viking Age - and were divided in two families: Aesirs and Vanirs.’
- ‘He's also allied with many other immortals who are known as Vanirs by the followers of the Antalian Cult.’
- ‘What was done by the Aesirs made the Vanirs terribly angry, and they started preparing themselves for war.’
- ‘Fortunately, this betrayal did not lead to another war and all the gods of the Vanir were subsequently integrated with the Aesir.’
- ‘Like his father and sister, he was originally a Vanir, but he became an important god of the Aesir.’