One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See vaneusually in combination ‘a three-vaned windmill’
- ‘The obtained results demonstrate that the centrifugal pump with the optimized vaned diffuser has compact size compared with the original one while the performance requirements have been met.’
- ‘Furthermore, in the vaned diffuser, the secondary flow directed from the suction surface to the pressure surface of the vanes is prevented.’
- ‘Other feather types similar in some respects to down and vaned feathers while unique in others include filoplumes, bristles, and semiplumes.’
- ‘Centrifugal compressors use a vaned rotating disk or impeller in a shaped housing to force the gas to the rim of the impeller, increasing the velocity of the gas.’
- ‘In the vaned impeller, the fluid undergoes an abrupt acceleration and change of direction as it enters the rotor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.