One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a vertically opening valve that is lifted off the valve aperture to open the valve.
- ‘It had a 24 valve head from a 6 series car, complete with twin overhead cams.’
- ‘The V - 8's three valve heads are smaller than the previous engine's two-valve heads, reducing weight.’
- ‘This engine, with its more efficient 16 valve head, is actually more economical than the less powerful version.’
- ‘Their development programs hit pay dirt with developments like 4 - valve head configurations in the late 1990s as engines transitioned from indirect-injected to direct-injected engines.’
- ‘It now has a twin-cam 16 valve head and common rail direct injection is used, along with the usual turbocharger and intercooler.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.