One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Shares of a company with solid fundamentals that are priced below those of its peers, based on analysis of price/earnings ratio, yield, and other factors.Compare with growth stock
- ‘The equity portion of the portfolio included a mix of value stocks, large caps, and dividend-paying stocks to produce income and limit risk.’
- ‘Tech companies have suddenly become value stocks.’
- ‘Since March, growth stocks have risen faster than value stocks.’
- ‘But there is some good news for the more prudent investor: it is possible to buy good value stocks at the right price.’
- ‘‘A lot of tech stocks are going out of fashion, so they may eventually become value stocks,’ he says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.