Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Shares of a company with solid fundamentals that are priced below those of its peers, based on analysis of price/earnings ratio, yield, and other factors.Compare with growth stock
- ‘Since March, growth stocks have risen faster than value stocks.’
- ‘But there is some good news for the more prudent investor: it is possible to buy good value stocks at the right price.’
- ‘The equity portion of the portfolio included a mix of value stocks, large caps, and dividend-paying stocks to produce income and limit risk.’
- ‘Tech companies have suddenly become value stocks.’
- ‘‘A lot of tech stocks are going out of fashion, so they may eventually become value stocks,’ he says.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.