Shares of a company with solid fundamentals that are priced below those of its peers, based on analysis of price/earnings ratio, yield, and other factors.Compare with growth stock
- ‘‘A lot of tech stocks are going out of fashion, so they may eventually become value stocks,’ he says.’
- ‘The equity portion of the portfolio included a mix of value stocks, large caps, and dividend-paying stocks to produce income and limit risk.’
- ‘Since March, growth stocks have risen faster than value stocks.’
- ‘Tech companies have suddenly become value stocks.’
- ‘But there is some good news for the more prudent investor: it is possible to buy good value stocks at the right price.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.