One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With courage or determination.‘they fought valiantly to the end’‘the authors have valiantly attempted to cover a range of topics’
- ‘The actor himself is not actually bad, valiantly managing to inject some sweetness into his role.’
- ‘He valiantly masks his nervousness when flirting with a local high school girl.’
- ‘The set consists of two parallel, hyperactive shower curtains, which Posner's lighting valiantly struggles to justify.’
- ‘It's a story of addiction valiantly triumphing over the human soul.’
- ‘In his final evaluation, he tried valiantly to respond to our suggestions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.