One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pentanoic acid
- ‘Extraction of valeric acid was significantly enhanced by the presence of a carboxylic acid in the toluene extractant, or the aqueous feed, or both.’
- ‘The proportions of isobutyric and valeric acid tended to increase when zinc was added to the diet.’
- ‘The products were analyzed for their total valeric acid content to determine if they possessed the type and amount of valerian stated on the label.’
- ‘Valeric acid may accumulate static charge by flow or agitation.’
- ‘Independent testing laboratories generally use valeric acid content as a marker for pharmacologic activity and represent one source for reliable information to support product choice.’
Mid 19th century: valeric from valerian + -ic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.