One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The world regarded as a scene of trouble or sorrow.
- ‘What favor was it to other souls to bring them into this vale of tears?’
- ‘The world is the theater of God's activity and a place of soul-making rather than simply an unhappy vale of tears.’
- ‘While God reigns in heaven, human beings inhabit an inferior and comparatively worthless vale of tears.’
- ‘All Christian confessions stressed that life was a vale of tears, the much deserved punishment of God for human disobedience.’
- ‘The forms of common worship are sufficient to all the joys and sorrows that befall us in this vale of tears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.