One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The world regarded as a scene of trouble or sorrow.
- ‘What favor was it to other souls to bring them into this vale of tears?’
- ‘All Christian confessions stressed that life was a vale of tears, the much deserved punishment of God for human disobedience.’
- ‘The forms of common worship are sufficient to all the joys and sorrows that befall us in this vale of tears.’
- ‘While God reigns in heaven, human beings inhabit an inferior and comparatively worthless vale of tears.’
- ‘The world is the theater of God's activity and a place of soul-making rather than simply an unhappy vale of tears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.