Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bacterial infection of the vagina causing a malodorous white discharge.
- ‘Our study was powered primarily to look at the influence of bacterial vaginosis rather than chlamydial infection on miscarriage.’
- ‘Bacterial vaginosis is the most common vaginal infection.’
- ‘Bacterial vaginosis is not a sexually transmitted infection.’
- ‘A recent study found that women with an infection called bacterial vaginosis were nine times more likely to have a miscarriage than uninfected women.’
- ‘Women with bacterial vaginosis have a broad spectrum of clinical presentations.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.