Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Plastic surgery performed to create or repair a vagina.
- ‘In the majority of cases, vaginoplasty restores normal female vaginal anatomy.’
- ‘Vaginoplasty is one of the least talked about areas of cosmetic surgery.’
- ‘Often the transformation process is completed with radical surgeries - vaginoplasty and labiaplasty, where the penis and testicles are removed and a simulacrum of female genitalia is created.’
- ‘Recent work has shown that most children undergoing vaginoplasty will require another operation to permit use of tampons and sexual intercourse.’
- ‘There are several parts to the surgery, which may include any or all of the following: orchiectomy, penectomy, vaginoplasty, and augmentation mammoplasty.’
Late 19th century: from vagina + -plasty.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.