One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plastic surgery performed to create or repair a vagina.
- ‘Recent work has shown that most children undergoing vaginoplasty will require another operation to permit use of tampons and sexual intercourse.’
- ‘Often the transformation process is completed with radical surgeries - vaginoplasty and labiaplasty, where the penis and testicles are removed and a simulacrum of female genitalia is created.’
- ‘Vaginoplasty is one of the least talked about areas of cosmetic surgery.’
- ‘There are several parts to the surgery, which may include any or all of the following: orchiectomy, penectomy, vaginoplasty, and augmentation mammoplasty.’
- ‘In the majority of cases, vaginoplasty restores normal female vaginal anatomy.’
Late 19th century: from vagina + -plasty.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.