Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A secretion which blocks the vagina of some rodents and insectivores after mating.
- ‘The day of detection of the vaginal plug was designated as day 0 of pregnancy.’
- ‘Females were examined daily for vaginal plugs and separated from males when positive.’
- ‘The presence of a vaginal plug was taken at 0.5 day of gestation.’
- ‘For timed matings, the morning that vaginal plugs were detected was considered embryonic gestation day 0.5.’
- ‘Pregnancy was assumed if the female was in the appropriate stage and a vaginal plug was present.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.