One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A birth in which the child is pushed out of the mother's uterus via the vagina, as opposed to being delivered surgically.‘the average hospital birth now costs between $7,000 for a vaginal birth and $16,000 for a C-section’mass noun ‘injury during vaginal birth’
- ‘A friend of mine wanted to have a vaginal birth, but her baby was breech.’
- ‘Despite a woman's wishes to have a vaginal birth after a prior C-section, certain conditions would likely rule out VBAC as an option.’
- ‘The college especially wants to promote vaginal birth among first-time mothers.’
- ‘Half of the moms were scheduled to have C-sections and the rest, vaginal births.’
- ‘We included randomized trials of different antibiotic regimens after cesarean birth or vaginal birth.’
- ‘The updated advice says a mother-to-be should be 'fully supported in her choice' if she wishes to try for a vaginal birth after a previous Caesarean.’
- ‘My doctor said there was no reason why I couldn't have a vaginal birth the next time around.’
- ‘When a baby is in the breech position at the end of pregnancy, obstetricians can sometimes turn the baby head-down to enable a safer vaginal birth.’
- ‘Still hoping for a vaginal birth, she changed doctors again for the third pregnancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.