One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the vagus nerve.
- ‘Increases in arterial flow stimulate efferent vagal outflow, inhibiting sympathetic drive and decreasing blood pressure.’
- ‘Repeated operations of the esophagus or stomach carry a risk of vagal injury, which may lead to gastroparesis.’
- ‘Cardiovascular neuropathy is a result of damage to vagal and sympathetic nerves.’
- ‘The procedure involves wrapping an electrode around the vagal nerve as it passes through the neck.’
- ‘The increase in high-frequency cardiac modulation is representative of an increase in vagal tone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.