One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The application of reduced pressure to extract something, particularly to assist childbirth or as a method of abortion, or as a technique for removing components of a chemical mixture.
- ‘Forceps delivery became less common, but vacuum extraction consistently increased in number.’
- ‘Ten of the vaginal deliveries were by forceps and 19 by vacuum extraction.’
- ‘These early measurements of arterial oxygen saturation were made by vacuum extraction of the blood gases.’
- ‘Assisted vaginal delivery comprised both forceps deliveries and vacuum extraction.’
- ‘While vacuum extraction has risks, it remains a safe alternative to using forceps.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.