Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Distillation of a liquid under reduced pressure, enabling it to boil at a lower temperature than normal.
- ‘We also purify the glycerol by vacuum distillation.’
- ‘All of the liquid amines were purified by vacuum distillation just before use.’
- ‘One method, particularly common in Germany, is a process of vacuum distillation, whereby wine, at extremely low pressures at normal room temperatures, is separated into various fractions in a tall column.’
- ‘Undecylenic acid is produced commercially by the vacuum distillation of castor bean oil.’
- ‘Samples were kept frozen until the extraction of xylem water by cryogenic vacuum distillation from stem samples.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.