Distillation of a liquid under reduced pressure, enabling it to boil at a lower temperature than normal.
- ‘We also purify the glycerol by vacuum distillation.’
- ‘All of the liquid amines were purified by vacuum distillation just before use.’
- ‘One method, particularly common in Germany, is a process of vacuum distillation, whereby wine, at extremely low pressures at normal room temperatures, is separated into various fractions in a tall column.’
- ‘Undecylenic acid is produced commercially by the vacuum distillation of castor bean oil.’
- ‘Samples were kept frozen until the extraction of xylem water by cryogenic vacuum distillation from stem samples.’