One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is has a strange otherworldly and mythical quality to it, like a cinematic dream and the result is not vacuously uplifting but powerfully moving.’
- ‘She was intelligent and coherent and not the least bit cosy or vacuously spiritual.’
- ‘Instead of thumping out his reply, he'll stare vacuously at the board for a while.’
- ‘It provides us no cover to assert vacuously that we are doing what the Supreme Court commands.’
- ‘Your statement is probably vacuously true.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.