Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of medicine concerned with the development of vaccines.
- ‘Despite Hilleman's many breakthroughs in immunology and vaccinology, he has never been a household name.’
- ‘If you look at the whole field of vaccinology, nobody was more influential. "’
- ‘Offit is a paediatrician and the Maurice R Hilleman professor of vaccinology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.’
- ‘The report also details how new technologies promise to create a renaissance in the already energized field of vaccinology.’
- ‘None the less, the prospect of both preventing and treating many serious diseases by the use of vaccines portends an exciting era in public health and vaccinology.’
- ‘Faculty in Veterinary Microbiology are involved in research in infectious diseases and vaccinology, diagnostics, immunology, epidemiology, virology and parasitology.’
- ‘We are greatly pleased to have received our first formal recognition from the National Institute of Health for our program in HIV vaccinology.’
- ‘Gene vaccines borrow from both traditional vaccinology and gene therapy.’
- ‘The whole field of vaccinology is characterized by stops and starts, successes and failures.’
- ‘An opening plenary review session on vaccinology today will be followed by two plenary sessions on applied immunology.’
- ‘The future of vaccinology provides tremendous promise for controlling diseases.’
- ‘Starting in 1986, when she embarked on a fellowship in parasitology and vaccinology at the National Institutes of Health, she's dedicated herself to developing vaccines for AIDS and tuberculosis.’
- ‘The Pathology Department has research projects in oncology, endocrinology, vaccinology, toxicology, and infectious diseases, particularly of wildlife.’
- ‘The Jordan Report 2000 highlights the triumphs of vaccinology during the 20th century.’
- ‘Besides describing the state of the science, this edition of The Jordan Report reviews the last two decades and highlights important achievements in the field of vaccinology.’
- ‘A key feature will include regular academic exchanges between Thai medical experts and GlaxoSmithKline vaccinology as well as training and development programs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.