Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An area providing attractions for people on vacation.
- ‘Florida is one of the nation's renowned vacationlands.’
- ‘The state's cultural institutions, educational centers, and unsurpassed scenery and natural vacationlands continue to bring Utah wide acclaim.’
- ‘The spellbinding beaches and turquoise sea are vacationlands par excellence.’
- ‘People often think of cruise ships as romantic places where guests leave the telephone, the computer and even the alarm clock behind: luxurious vacationlands where time stands still.’
- ‘In Greene County you will discover some of New York State's most famous and unique four-season vacationlands, and spectacular views.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.