One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Virtual business card, an electronic representation of a business card, usually a file attached to an email in place of a signature.
- ‘The employee accepts a vCard that includes a Microsoft Excel document as part of the exchange.’
- ‘The file in which data is stored and that can be used to interchange information is called vCalendar, just as the electronic business-card format is known as vCard.’
- ‘The security bug concerns the vCard, or virtual business cards, component of Outlook, which has been found to contain a buffer overflow vulnerability.’
- ‘This usage model is defined for mobile phones and PDAs for printing text messages, short email messages, business cards (vCards), and other formatted documents.’
- ‘The vCard is the standard for electronic business cards, so naturally, we use it as the starting point for creating the hCard format.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.