One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A neckline of a garment, having straight sides meeting at a point to form a V-shape.
- ‘But, I can't wear dresses with a deep V-neck or a seam under the bust because I have no chest!’
- ‘The deep V-neck showed the naked skin under which stuck out the clavicles.’
- ‘The V-neck style also has extensive tonal stitch detail.’
- ‘Choose pullovers with a small V-neck that draw the eye down, rather than a round neck, which creates a broader shoulder line.’
- ‘The formality was broken up by pairing them with casual pieces such as a linen V-neck polo shirt, hooded sweater jumpers and wonderfully inventive geometric circle print and tie-dye shirts.’
- ‘Worn underneath a V-neck or crewneck sweater, this is the perfect office look for days when the weather calls for layering.’
- ‘It's nothing fancy, just a blue shirt that happens to have a V-neck.’
- ‘One of London's faves this season is a V-neck sweater with shirt collar and sleeves sewn on but no actual shirt underneath.’
- ‘Shannon's dress was cut down low in a sexy V-neck.’
- ‘I wore a pair of jean capris and a black shirt with a V-neck, but a dark blue hoodie was over it.’
- 1.1 A garment with a V-neck.
- ‘Whether you're wearing a blazer or a leather jacket, a shirt such as a turtleneck, mock neck, V-neck, or crew neck all look great.’
- ‘Gold wash jeans look amazing with solid colored button-down shirts, V-necks and crew necks.’
- ‘Sport them with your favorite short or long-sleeve V-neck, and stylish sandals - with or without a belt.’
- ‘Whether they are haute couture, designer trousers, or ripped jeans, V-necks can be tucked in or left out of pants, to create the perfect look.’
- ‘I notice that Cara's best friend, Nell, is dressed in terry Juicy Couture sweats; my V-neck is Juicy, too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.