One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A neckline of a garment, having straight sides meeting at a point to form a V-shape.
- ‘One of London's faves this season is a V-neck sweater with shirt collar and sleeves sewn on but no actual shirt underneath.’
- ‘Shannon's dress was cut down low in a sexy V-neck.’
- ‘The formality was broken up by pairing them with casual pieces such as a linen V-neck polo shirt, hooded sweater jumpers and wonderfully inventive geometric circle print and tie-dye shirts.’
- ‘But, I can't wear dresses with a deep V-neck or a seam under the bust because I have no chest!’
- ‘It's nothing fancy, just a blue shirt that happens to have a V-neck.’
- ‘The V-neck style also has extensive tonal stitch detail.’
- ‘Worn underneath a V-neck or crewneck sweater, this is the perfect office look for days when the weather calls for layering.’
- ‘I wore a pair of jean capris and a black shirt with a V-neck, but a dark blue hoodie was over it.’
- ‘Choose pullovers with a small V-neck that draw the eye down, rather than a round neck, which creates a broader shoulder line.’
- ‘The deep V-neck showed the naked skin under which stuck out the clavicles.’
- 1.1 A garment with a V-neck.
- ‘Gold wash jeans look amazing with solid colored button-down shirts, V-necks and crew necks.’
- ‘I notice that Cara's best friend, Nell, is dressed in terry Juicy Couture sweats; my V-neck is Juicy, too.’
- ‘Whether you're wearing a blazer or a leather jacket, a shirt such as a turtleneck, mock neck, V-neck, or crew neck all look great.’
- ‘Sport them with your favorite short or long-sleeve V-neck, and stylish sandals - with or without a belt.’
- ‘Whether they are haute couture, designer trousers, or ripped jeans, V-necks can be tucked in or left out of pants, to create the perfect look.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.