One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The day (May 8) marking the Allied victory in Europe in 1945.
- ‘Blackburn Cathedral celebrated VE day by hosting a peace concert on Sunday evening.’
- ‘He trained with the division in England, and served with it from Normandy to VE day.’
- ‘Weeks before the end of the war Mr Martin was given leave and celebrated VE day with the family of his best friend, Stanley, who served in the Navy.’
- ‘At St Catherine's Residential Care Home in Horwich residents rolled back the years with wartime songs to mark VE day.’
- ‘Her journey was to mark the 60th anniversary of VE day, and her ship's company attended numerous ceremonies commemorating the Allied success.’
VE, abbreviation of Victory in Europe.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.