Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the uvea.
- ‘This inflammation, called iridocyclitis or iritis or uveitis, can be detected early by an ophthalmologist.’
- ‘The uveitis usually is acute, unilateral, and recurrent.’
- ‘The uveitis should improve within two to three weeks.’
- ‘Certain forms of uveitis - potentially blinding inflammations of the inside of the eye - respond to drugs that are safe and effective.’
- ‘In many cases, the cause of uveitis can't be determined.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.