One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The belief in or pursuit of a state in which everything is perfect, typically regarded as unrealistic or idealistic.‘the political settlement was brought about by misguided utopianism’
- ‘It is in Jesus' teaching, he suggests, that utopianism reaches its summit.’
- ‘During her residency, she began a series of paintings that merge these distinct terrains: the melding of ancient histories with architectural utopianism.’
- ‘A utopianism that has shrunk to the dimensions of survivalism is perhaps part of the problem rather than its solution.’
- ‘His utopianism was reflected in his wife Mary's novel, Frankenstein—albeit in a dark mirror.’
- ‘Ultimately, the cooperative factories foundered on the narrowness, not the utopianism, of their vision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.