Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Socialism achieved by the moral persuasion of capitalists to surrender the means of production peacefully to the people.
- ‘He later described his ideas at the time as a ‘curious mixture ‘of Western liberalism, democratic reformism, and utopian socialism or anarchism.’’
- ‘The boldness of that declaration had much to do with utopian socialism.’
- ‘The movement established some links with reforms such as feminism and utopian socialism.’
- ‘His utopian socialism had a lasting impact on radical politics in that colony and even beyond its borders.’
- ‘There's an attraction to a business model that is closer to utopian socialism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.