Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Socialism achieved by the moral persuasion of capitalists to surrender the means of production peacefully to the people.
- ‘The movement established some links with reforms such as feminism and utopian socialism.’
- ‘There's an attraction to a business model that is closer to utopian socialism.’
- ‘The boldness of that declaration had much to do with utopian socialism.’
- ‘He later described his ideas at the time as a ‘curious mixture ‘of Western liberalism, democratic reformism, and utopian socialism or anarchism.’’
- ‘His utopian socialism had a lasting impact on radical politics in that colony and even beyond its borders.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.