Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A program for carrying out a routine function.
- ‘It consists of a set of kernel drivers, an application programming interface library and utility programs for supporting sound under Linux.’
- ‘Have you ever wanted to grab a screen capture of something on your desktop but didn't have the right utility program?’
- ‘What's more, this product features a free utility program to create your DVDs.’
- ‘Carrier files cannot execute hidden code arbitrarily; a special utility program is required to extract and manipulate concealed data.’
- ‘‘Right,’ he said quietly and using a utility program tried to save the screen shot of the email.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.