One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mathematical function which ranks alternatives according to their utility to an individual.
- ‘For computational convenience it is assumed that all individuals have the same utility function.’
- ‘According to this model, individuals have a utility function defined over their own consumption.’
- ‘‘Everyone has different preferences and utility functions.’’
- ‘Quantitative analysis of public utility functions has long been abandoned.’
- ‘For example, it would be useful for economists to know how custom would enter the utility function or how it would affect restrictions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.