Under normal conditions; generally.‘he usually arrives home about one o'clock’
normally, generally, habitually, customarily, standardly, routinely, regularly, typically, ordinarily, commonly, conventionally, traditionally, historicallyView synonyms
- ‘It is well known that the average life of a local protest group is usually just a couple of years.’
- ‘Bear in mind that most white wines are high in acid, while reds are usually high in tannin.’
- ‘It has urged the government do more to encourage women into jobs usually taken up by men.’
- ‘Fleas are a fairly common problem and they are usually brought into the house by pets.’
- ‘The fête was held for the first time on a Saturday, usually it is held on a Friday evening.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.