One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Under normal conditions; generally.‘he usually arrives home about one o'clock’
normally, generally, habitually, customarily, standardly, routinely, regularly, typically, ordinarily, commonly, conventionally, traditionally, historicallyView synonyms
- ‘It is well known that the average life of a local protest group is usually just a couple of years.’
- ‘Bear in mind that most white wines are high in acid, while reds are usually high in tannin.’
- ‘Fleas are a fairly common problem and they are usually brought into the house by pets.’
- ‘The fête was held for the first time on a Saturday, usually it is held on a Friday evening.’
- ‘It has urged the government do more to encourage women into jobs usually taken up by men.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.