(of a machine or system) designed primarily for the user's convenience.
handy, useful, convenient, practical, easy-to-use, well-designed, user-friendly, functional, serviceable, utilitarianView synonyms
- ‘The site will be user-oriented, not organized to correspond to our administrative structure.’
- ‘Highly adapted user-oriented technologies enable Ramirez and his fellow soldiers to execute difficult and varied operations in complex operational environments.’
- ‘This report puts forward a different approach, one based on developing a new, user-oriented strategy for communications.’
- ‘It feels like a half-baked programming project, not a user-oriented functional tool.’
- ‘The work has been particularly directed at maintenance and rehabilitation strategies and budgets and the associated user-oriented levels of service.’
- ‘Help is welcome in the form of writing user-oriented documentation, testing the program or making proposals for improvements or reporting bugs.’
- ‘The research, Painter says, is based on the work of urban scholar William H. Whyte, whose studies of pedestrian behavior in cities led to a new way of analyzing and creating user-oriented urban design.’
- ‘Applications that are more user-oriented also stand to benefit from improvements that result in faster responsiveness to the user and an improved overall user experience.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.