One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to material on a website that is voluntarily contributed by members of the public who use the site.‘good user-generated content is almost always the product of an enthusiastic and cohesive online community’
- ‘So who's going to make money off all this great user-generated content?’
- ‘There are other questions surrounding the project, including whether it will get enough video from users in the first place to warrant the "user-generated" tag.’
- ‘Much of what is on the site is user-generated material, posted by pranksters and budding auteurs, politicians and video diarists seeking attention rather than money.’
- ‘The CDDB is a huge user-generated database of information related to music CDs: album titles, songs, artist information, genre, and about 50 other attributes.’
- ‘Executives are embracing user-generated sites, encouraging amateur talent to upload photos and videos.’
- ‘Either way, I predict this concept - user-generated news - is going to increase in size and importance, worldwide.’
- ‘If your website has user-generated content, you need to pay attention to what users are doing.’
- ‘It's a site for trading user-generated playlists.’
- ‘They will be able to pass clips on to one another and, at some point in the future, post user-generated material back on to the BBC's website.’
- ‘The report points out the 10 million user-generated videos copying "Gangnam Style" by South-Korean musician Psy that were created on YouTube after the original song was released and went viral.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.