Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a machine or system) easy to use or understand.‘the search software is user-friendly’
easily understood, easily grasped, comprehensible, understandable, intelligible, articulate, coherent, lucid, clear, crystal clear, crystallineView synonyms
- ‘You want to create a small, simple, user-friendly website that will create the right image.’
- ‘Members are encouraged to provide feedback to ensure the web site is as user-friendly as possible.’
- ‘This user-friendly machine has a tiny slot for inserting the bank-notes and the service provided is free.’
- ‘Although not very user-friendly, everything you need to know is contained there.’
- ‘Good internal linking is also part of an effective, user-friendly site.’
- ‘Library functions are provided for user-friendly programming.’
- ‘Designers are best served by having this information in the form of design charts or a user-friendly computer program.’
- ‘Nowadays, the trend is to make computers as user-friendly as possible.’
- ‘The program isn't desperately user-friendly but it's easier to use than it initially looks.’
- ‘The information is set out in a simple, user-friendly format with clear instructions.’
- ‘For those hesitant about technology, be assured: this multimedia tool is user-friendly.’
- ‘Thus, there is a need for user-friendly project management and collaboration tools.’
- ‘The user-friendly touch screen will display details in English, Tamil and Malayalam.’
- ‘You can either browse our accessible user-friendly online parts list by make or part type.’
- ‘The database is designed to be user-friendly, and is searchable by a wide variety of criteria.’
- ‘Dan agrees with other users that the system is user-friendly and the data easy to extract and analyze.’
- ‘The Website is user-friendly, making it easier for people to find and order products.’
- ‘The manual has been designed to be user-friendly and easy to read.’
- ‘Our system is a working, effective and user-friendly data management tool for structural genomics projects.’
- ‘They have been designed to be user-friendly with comprehensive help text to guide the user through the site.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.