Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a machine or system) easy to use or understand.‘the search software is user-friendly’
easily understood, easily grasped, comprehensible, understandable, intelligible, articulate, coherent, lucid, clear, crystal clear, crystallineView synonyms
- ‘Dan agrees with other users that the system is user-friendly and the data easy to extract and analyze.’
- ‘Although not very user-friendly, everything you need to know is contained there.’
- ‘Library functions are provided for user-friendly programming.’
- ‘The database is designed to be user-friendly, and is searchable by a wide variety of criteria.’
- ‘You can either browse our accessible user-friendly online parts list by make or part type.’
- ‘You want to create a small, simple, user-friendly website that will create the right image.’
- ‘Our system is a working, effective and user-friendly data management tool for structural genomics projects.’
- ‘This user-friendly machine has a tiny slot for inserting the bank-notes and the service provided is free.’
- ‘Designers are best served by having this information in the form of design charts or a user-friendly computer program.’
- ‘The Website is user-friendly, making it easier for people to find and order products.’
- ‘The user-friendly touch screen will display details in English, Tamil and Malayalam.’
- ‘Members are encouraged to provide feedback to ensure the web site is as user-friendly as possible.’
- ‘The manual has been designed to be user-friendly and easy to read.’
- ‘Good internal linking is also part of an effective, user-friendly site.’
- ‘Nowadays, the trend is to make computers as user-friendly as possible.’
- ‘For those hesitant about technology, be assured: this multimedia tool is user-friendly.’
- ‘The program isn't desperately user-friendly but it's easier to use than it initially looks.’
- ‘The information is set out in a simple, user-friendly format with clear instructions.’
- ‘Thus, there is a need for user-friendly project management and collaboration tools.’
- ‘They have been designed to be user-friendly with comprehensive help text to guide the user through the site.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.