One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or fact of being useful.‘faults that affect the book's usefulness’
functionality, practicality, serviceability, fitness, adequacy, handiness, neatness, convenience, utility, use, effectiveness, efficacyView synonyms
- ‘We throw away stuff not because it's outlived its usefulness or functionality but its novelty.’
- ‘In other areas of design, a noticeable attractiveness is thought to be relevant as well as usefulness and usability.’
- ‘Vases, for example, derive their value from their usefulness or desirability for humans.’
- ‘Police today cast doubt on the usefulness of over-the-counter drug testing kits to detect spiked drinks.’
- ‘In the light of this we want to question the usefulness and convenience of maintaining this on the agenda.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.