One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In accordance with use and wont the meeting resolved itself into a small party for the further exploration of the area.’
- ‘The law of use and wont is soon established.’
- ‘Golf was sufficiently well established that on 21 October 1633 the Town Council reserved the Inches for archery, golf and other pastimes according to use and wont.’
- ‘He was to begin in favour of continuing use and wont, yet when the Directory was adopted he honourably accepted its guidance and ruling.’
- ‘He was in favour of local plate-glass insurance and a ‘black-list,’ and, in regard to holidays, said that use and wont was a great thing with the public.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.