One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In accordance with use and wont the meeting resolved itself into a small party for the further exploration of the area.’
- ‘He was in favour of local plate-glass insurance and a ‘black-list,’ and, in regard to holidays, said that use and wont was a great thing with the public.’
- ‘Golf was sufficiently well established that on 21 October 1633 the Town Council reserved the Inches for archery, golf and other pastimes according to use and wont.’
- ‘The law of use and wont is soon established.’
- ‘He was to begin in favour of continuing use and wont, yet when the Directory was adopted he honourably accepted its guidance and ruling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.