One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine and physiology concerned with the function and disorders of the urinary system.
- ‘Clinics such as orthopaedics, urology, gynaecology and gastroenterology are dependent on the diagnostic and treatment centre.’
- ‘When Ambrose changed from urology to venereology the care of venereal diseases was poorly resourced, but he fought for better facilities and brought distinction to the department which is named after him.’
- ‘Consider seeking opinions from doctors in specialties such as urology, oncology and radiotherapy.’
- ‘Suitable for use in applications that require a stiff shaft and flexible tip, the tubing is used in urology, radiology, neurology, and cardiology applications.’
- ‘The local hospital has three urologists and a radiologist specialising in urology.’
- ‘On a more positive note, Harris said they were moving to reduce the surgery waiting time, minimise cancellations of surgery and have round-the-clock or close to 24 hours use of the urology and obstetrics and gynaecology theatres.’
- ‘He was much in demand as a visiting speaker and surgeon in other countries, was consultant adviser in urology to the Royal Air Force, and wrote three books, several chapters, and many papers.’
- ‘‘They already need space for palliative care, urology and speech therapy among other things’, he said.’
- ‘Ten of the participants worked on specialty teams, including urology, orthopedic, neurology, vascular, and trauma.’
- ‘From January 1995 to December 1996, we investigated 114 men who presented consecutively to the departments of urology and nephrology with proved urinary tract infection.’
- ‘Physicians specializing in urology, radiation therapy and oncology should all be involved in helping the patient make an informed decision.’
- ‘The predominant diagnostic group was urology, followed by biopsy and general surgery.’
- ‘Doctors took specialized training in obstetrics and gynecology long before they did in urology.’
- ‘In the United Kingdom the emergence of clinical governance is greatly changing paediatric urology.’
- ‘The pediatric urology nurse practitioner, perioperative nurses, and pediatric unit nurses must be capable of interacting with children of all ages.’
- ‘Reports on wrong site surgery include procedures in neurosurgery, urology, orthopedics, and vascular surgery.’
- ‘His skills in committee as well as his standing in the field of urology led to the presidency of the British Association of Urological Surgeons and of the urological section of the Royal Society of Medicine.’
- ‘When Linda Shortliffe received her board certification in urology in 1983 there were only 15 women urologists in the United States; now there are more than 200.’
- ‘Doctors often study the fields of reproductive endocrinology for women and urology for men.’
- ‘Unfortunately, because of staffing limitations, this nurse also was responsible for urology and general surgery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.