One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting both the urinary and genital organs.
- ‘The virus also uses anatomical compartments such as the central nervous system and the male urogenital tract to avoid antiviral therapies.’
- ‘It is also used for abnormalities of the urogenital system and internal endocrine system.’
- ‘Infection is the most common cause of dysuria and presents as cystitis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis, or urethritis, depending on the area of the urogenital tract that is most affected.’
- ‘Normally, a variety of beneficial bacteria in your intestines and urogenital tract protect you against harmful organisms, like yeast and viruses, that sneak in via the diet or other means.’
- ‘Hair is found on all parts of the skin except the palm and sole, and the oral, anal, and urogenital orifices.’
- ‘The most common side effects include local urogenital pain and minor urethral bleeding.’
- ‘It is possible that phyto-oestrogens in vegetables, particularly soya, interfere with urogenital development.’
- ‘Although women report that hormone replacement therapy improves various menopausal symptoms, randomised clinical trials have proved that it is effective for only vasomotor and urogenital symptoms.’
- ‘The plate section at the end contains illustrations of the alimentary, cardiovascular, respiratory, lymphatic, musculoskeletal, nervous, endocrine, and urogenital systems.’
- ‘It found that oestrogen improved urogenital symptoms regardless of the route of administration.’
- ‘Trials evaluating therapies for the management of menopause-related symptoms were conclusive only for estrogen in the management of vasomotor and urogenital symptoms.’
- ‘The physical examination focuses on the cardiovascular, neurologic and urogenital systems.’
- ‘In the urogenital tract, there are sphincters at the exit from the bladder.’
- ‘Increased number of viable organisms being shed and isolated in culture may indicate increased potential for transmission in persons with clinical signs of urogenital infection.’
- ‘Probiotics may be the solution to those pesky bladder and urogenital infections that many women can't shake.’
- ‘This change could increase the risk of urogenital infections.’
- ‘Arthritis and back pain are the symptoms that reappear most often, but urogenital and eye inflammation also tend to recur.’
- ‘The disease mainly affects the urinary bladder, although involvement of sites outside the urogenital tract is increasingly being documented.’
- ‘Antibiotic therapy is highly effective in eliminating some urogenital infections.’
- ‘Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder is the second most common urogenital cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.