Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting both the urinary and genital organs.
- ‘The virus also uses anatomical compartments such as the central nervous system and the male urogenital tract to avoid antiviral therapies.’
- ‘The disease mainly affects the urinary bladder, although involvement of sites outside the urogenital tract is increasingly being documented.’
- ‘Infection is the most common cause of dysuria and presents as cystitis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis, or urethritis, depending on the area of the urogenital tract that is most affected.’
- ‘In the urogenital tract, there are sphincters at the exit from the bladder.’
- ‘Trials evaluating therapies for the management of menopause-related symptoms were conclusive only for estrogen in the management of vasomotor and urogenital symptoms.’
- ‘Although women report that hormone replacement therapy improves various menopausal symptoms, randomised clinical trials have proved that it is effective for only vasomotor and urogenital symptoms.’
- ‘The plate section at the end contains illustrations of the alimentary, cardiovascular, respiratory, lymphatic, musculoskeletal, nervous, endocrine, and urogenital systems.’
- ‘Increased number of viable organisms being shed and isolated in culture may indicate increased potential for transmission in persons with clinical signs of urogenital infection.’
- ‘It found that oestrogen improved urogenital symptoms regardless of the route of administration.’
- ‘Probiotics may be the solution to those pesky bladder and urogenital infections that many women can't shake.’
- ‘Hair is found on all parts of the skin except the palm and sole, and the oral, anal, and urogenital orifices.’
- ‘Arthritis and back pain are the symptoms that reappear most often, but urogenital and eye inflammation also tend to recur.’
- ‘Normally, a variety of beneficial bacteria in your intestines and urogenital tract protect you against harmful organisms, like yeast and viruses, that sneak in via the diet or other means.’
- ‘The most common side effects include local urogenital pain and minor urethral bleeding.’
- ‘Antibiotic therapy is highly effective in eliminating some urogenital infections.’
- ‘This change could increase the risk of urogenital infections.’
- ‘Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder is the second most common urogenital cancer.’
- ‘The physical examination focuses on the cardiovascular, neurologic and urogenital systems.’
- ‘It is possible that phyto-oestrogens in vegetables, particularly soya, interfere with urogenital development.’
- ‘It is also used for abnormalities of the urogenital system and internal endocrine system.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.