One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The diagnostic study of pressure in the bladder, in treating incontinence.
- ‘In ambulatory urodynamics, the urinary system is monitored with the person walking around, with catheters connected to a portable computer.’
- ‘The diagnosis is made by a combination of assessing the severity of leakage and conducting specialized tests such as urodynamics and cystourethroscopy.’
- ‘A routine preoperative evaluation, including urodynamics, was performed before the procedure.’
- ‘Patients with obstructed outflow were diagnosed either with urodynamics or clinically in the presence of a low urinary flow together with an incompletely emptying bladder in accordance with standard urological practice.’
- ‘Secondary outcomes included failure to complete treatment, the need for further treatment, hospitalization, major complications and urodynamics.’
- ‘A more detailed assessment of bladder pressure and storage capacity can be done with a test called urodynamics.’
- ‘The urodynamics test should not be done if your child has a bladder infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.