Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for kidney tubule
- ‘The functional unit in the kidney of all vertebrates is the uriniferous tubule comprising a nephron and a collecting tubule.’
- ‘These structures are not considered to be part of the nephron, but are part of the uriniferous tubule.’
- ‘Urine, consisting of these metabolic wastes plus variable amounts of water, passes through a network of small uriniferous tubules and collecting ducts within the kidney.’
- ‘This is the first portion of the uriniferous tubule.’
- ‘The basic functional unit of the kidney is the uriniferous tubule.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.