Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for kidney tubule
- ‘This is the first portion of the uriniferous tubule.’
- ‘Urine, consisting of these metabolic wastes plus variable amounts of water, passes through a network of small uriniferous tubules and collecting ducts within the kidney.’
- ‘The basic functional unit of the kidney is the uriniferous tubule.’
- ‘The functional unit in the kidney of all vertebrates is the uriniferous tubule comprising a nephron and a collecting tubule.’
- ‘These structures are not considered to be part of the nephron, but are part of the uriniferous tubule.’
uriniferous tubule/ˌyo͝orəˌnif(ə)rəs ˈto͞obyo͞ol/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.