Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Relating to urine.
- ‘The trust was also making improvements in the care of urinary catheters and intravenous devices.’
- ‘When possible, urinary catheters should be avoided to minimise the risk of infection.’
- ‘Patients should also have a nasogastric tube and urinary catheter inserted.’
- ‘Her indwelling urinary catheter was removed, and her urine output remained in normal range.’
- ‘The pediatric unit nurses monitor the urinary output.’
- ‘He or she also explains the need for an indwelling urinary catheter.’
- ‘Women are more likely to suffer from urinary incontinence than men, but both genders should be aware of the condition.’
- ‘Intravenous fluid therapy should be used to maintain urinary output.’
- ‘Studies have shown that up to 38 percent of women suffer from urinary incontinence.’
- ‘There were no significant differences in the effect of both medications on serum and urinary cortisol levels.’
- ‘Chronic urinary retention with resultant overflow incontinence is uncommon in women.’
- ‘Once the decision has been made to use an indwelling urinary catheter, efforts should be made to minimize problems.’
- ‘They may also suffer from recurrent urinary infection and may also have very poor bowel control.’
- ‘Side effects such as gastrointestinal intolerance and minor urinary symptoms are usually mild and are predominantly dose dependent.’
- ‘Not all patients with urinary incontinence need urodynamic testing before surgery.’
- ‘The primary aim of this trial was to assess if training the muscles of the pelvic floor during pregnancy could prevent urinary incontinence.’
- ‘Common side effects include nausea and vomiting, urinary frequency and mild diarrhea.’
- ‘She warns that any man who believes he may suffer from a urinary problem should seek medical advice for a proper diagnosis before self - treating.’
- ‘The serious infections started when he had a urinary catheter put in nine years ago.’
- ‘Benefits were reported in all areas except urinary stress incontinence.’
- 1.1 Relating to or denoting the system of organs, structures, and ducts by which urine is produced and discharged, in mammals comprising the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
- ‘No changes were found in the renal pelvis, ureter, and urinary bladder samples.’
- ‘By taking several views over a short period, it is possible to check that both of the kidneys and the urinary system is functioning normally.’
- ‘For men with mild to moderate urinary symptoms or bother, management by primary care physicians is appropriate.’
- ‘Cystoscopy is a procedure to examine the inside of the bladder and other parts of the urinary system.’
- ‘This protocol applies to carcinomas of the urinary bladder, ureter, and renal pelvis.’
- ‘Infections in the kidney can spread through the urinary system to the bladder.’
- ‘Pains originating from urinary system, such as the kidneys downwards to genital parts may all be classified as abdominal pains.’
- ‘In other words, it helps eliminate waste from the body but does not over-stimulate the urinary system.’
- ‘From the spleen, water is also sent down to the kidney and excreted from the urinary bladder.’
- ‘For example, certain liver problems can be traced to problems in the kidneys and urinary system.’
- ‘This test examines the urinary system by using a dye that is injected into a vein.’
- ‘The urinary system consists of the kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, and urethra.’
- ‘In few cases, it could be a sign of a bladder or kidney infection, diabetes, or problems with the urinary system.’
- ‘Kidney stones can move to lower down in the urinary system: to the ureters which carry urine down to the bladder, or in the bladder itself.’
- ‘The hollow or tubular structures of the urinary system are vulnerable to infection by coliform bacteria.’
- ‘It is sometimes used to treat mild symptoms of the respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive systems.’
- ‘The kidney and urinary bladder function to transport fluids and water.’
- ‘In children there is the possibility of an abnormality in the urinary system, which should also be checked.’
- ‘Your urinary system is composed of your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra.’
- ‘The family members of Mushtaq believe that he is suffering from serious urinary disorders.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.