Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Analysis of urine by physical, chemical, and microscopical means to test for the presence of disease, drugs, etc.
- ‘In most patients, however, urinalysis can help to determine the presence of infection and confirm a suspected diagnosis.’
- ‘Her complete blood count and urinalysis were within normal limits, and a urine pregnancy test was negative.’
- ‘Additional motivation for sobriety came from Sam's probation officer who demanded frequent urinalysis to test for drug use.’
- ‘Diagnostic evaluation should begin with urinalysis, urine microscopy, cytology and culture, and cystoscopy.’
- ‘Not only is this a waste, but if you happen to get a blood test or urinalysis when consuming creatinine, your doctor may think you have kidney problems.’
- ‘If no focus is found and a child appears well, no tests other than urinalysis are routinely indicated, and antibiotics should not be given.’
- ‘These tests may include blood tests, urinalysis and imaging studies, such as ultrasounds or angiography.’
- ‘The evaluation of nocturnal enuresis requires a thorough history, a complete physical examination, and urinalysis.’
- ‘The book does not include illustrations of microscopic findings, even for common tests such as complete blood cell counts and urinalysis.’
- ‘The results of routine blood tests and urinalysis were within normal limits.’
- ‘The results of liver function tests and urinalysis were normal.’
- ‘This article reviews the correct method for performing urinalysis and the differential diagnosis for several abnormal results.’
- ‘Physical examinations, blood count, urinalysis and baseline lipid values were obtained for all volunteers.’
- ‘In addition, for obvious reasons, we limited this outcome measure to individuals who received urinalysis testing.’
- ‘The urine was analyzed by dipstick testing, urinalysis, and urine culture.’
- ‘All patients with chronic kidney disease should undergo urinalysis and renal imaging as part of the diagnostic evaluation.’
- ‘A history, physical examination, and urinalysis can identify, or at least suggest, these conditions.’
- ‘As more and more segments of society have instituted random drug testing via urinalysis, you had to know that someone would develop a way to cheat on the test.’
- ‘Complete blood count and urinalysis should be monitored routinely throughout treatment.’
- ‘The Army's random and targeted urinalysis drug testing program is designed to deter members from involvement in illicit drugs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.