One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Analysis of urine by physical, chemical, and microscopical means to test for the presence of disease, drugs, etc.
- ‘Diagnostic evaluation should begin with urinalysis, urine microscopy, cytology and culture, and cystoscopy.’
- ‘This article reviews the correct method for performing urinalysis and the differential diagnosis for several abnormal results.’
- ‘The book does not include illustrations of microscopic findings, even for common tests such as complete blood cell counts and urinalysis.’
- ‘In addition, for obvious reasons, we limited this outcome measure to individuals who received urinalysis testing.’
- ‘These tests may include blood tests, urinalysis and imaging studies, such as ultrasounds or angiography.’
- ‘If no focus is found and a child appears well, no tests other than urinalysis are routinely indicated, and antibiotics should not be given.’
- ‘Her complete blood count and urinalysis were within normal limits, and a urine pregnancy test was negative.’
- ‘A history, physical examination, and urinalysis can identify, or at least suggest, these conditions.’
- ‘The Army's random and targeted urinalysis drug testing program is designed to deter members from involvement in illicit drugs.’
- ‘As more and more segments of society have instituted random drug testing via urinalysis, you had to know that someone would develop a way to cheat on the test.’
- ‘In most patients, however, urinalysis can help to determine the presence of infection and confirm a suspected diagnosis.’
- ‘Physical examinations, blood count, urinalysis and baseline lipid values were obtained for all volunteers.’
- ‘The evaluation of nocturnal enuresis requires a thorough history, a complete physical examination, and urinalysis.’
- ‘Not only is this a waste, but if you happen to get a blood test or urinalysis when consuming creatinine, your doctor may think you have kidney problems.’
- ‘The results of routine blood tests and urinalysis were within normal limits.’
- ‘The results of liver function tests and urinalysis were normal.’
- ‘Additional motivation for sobriety came from Sam's probation officer who demanded frequent urinalysis to test for drug use.’
- ‘All patients with chronic kidney disease should undergo urinalysis and renal imaging as part of the diagnostic evaluation.’
- ‘Complete blood count and urinalysis should be monitored routinely throughout treatment.’
- ‘The urine was analyzed by dipstick testing, urinalysis, and urine culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.