Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Analysis of urine by physical, chemical, and microscopical means to test for the presence of disease, drugs, etc.
- ‘Not only is this a waste, but if you happen to get a blood test or urinalysis when consuming creatinine, your doctor may think you have kidney problems.’
- ‘A history, physical examination, and urinalysis can identify, or at least suggest, these conditions.’
- ‘The Army's random and targeted urinalysis drug testing program is designed to deter members from involvement in illicit drugs.’
- ‘If no focus is found and a child appears well, no tests other than urinalysis are routinely indicated, and antibiotics should not be given.’
- ‘These tests may include blood tests, urinalysis and imaging studies, such as ultrasounds or angiography.’
- ‘The results of routine blood tests and urinalysis were within normal limits.’
- ‘As more and more segments of society have instituted random drug testing via urinalysis, you had to know that someone would develop a way to cheat on the test.’
- ‘In addition, for obvious reasons, we limited this outcome measure to individuals who received urinalysis testing.’
- ‘The evaluation of nocturnal enuresis requires a thorough history, a complete physical examination, and urinalysis.’
- ‘Physical examinations, blood count, urinalysis and baseline lipid values were obtained for all volunteers.’
- ‘The book does not include illustrations of microscopic findings, even for common tests such as complete blood cell counts and urinalysis.’
- ‘The urine was analyzed by dipstick testing, urinalysis, and urine culture.’
- ‘Her complete blood count and urinalysis were within normal limits, and a urine pregnancy test was negative.’
- ‘All patients with chronic kidney disease should undergo urinalysis and renal imaging as part of the diagnostic evaluation.’
- ‘Additional motivation for sobriety came from Sam's probation officer who demanded frequent urinalysis to test for drug use.’
- ‘Complete blood count and urinalysis should be monitored routinely throughout treatment.’
- ‘This article reviews the correct method for performing urinalysis and the differential diagnosis for several abnormal results.’
- ‘The results of liver function tests and urinalysis were normal.’
- ‘Diagnostic evaluation should begin with urinalysis, urine microscopy, cytology and culture, and cystoscopy.’
- ‘In most patients, however, urinalysis can help to determine the presence of infection and confirm a suspected diagnosis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.