One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During normal voiding the detrusor muscle contracts and the muscles of the urethral sphincter and pelvic floor relax in a co-ordinated fashion to allow the bladder to empty.’
- ‘Fever, fatigue, aches and pains, and a urethral or vaginal discharge often occur.’
- ‘The lack of normal intrinsic pressure within the urethra - known as intrinsic urethral sphincter deficiency - is another factor leading to stress incontinence.’
- ‘In women after the menopause, the lack of oestrogen can lead to a weakening of the muscles associated with the bladder and the urethral sphincter.’
- ‘The aims of continence surgery are to elevate the bladder neck, support the mid urethra, or increase urethral resistance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.