One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The lack of normal intrinsic pressure within the urethra - known as intrinsic urethral sphincter deficiency - is another factor leading to stress incontinence.’
- ‘In women after the menopause, the lack of oestrogen can lead to a weakening of the muscles associated with the bladder and the urethral sphincter.’
- ‘The aims of continence surgery are to elevate the bladder neck, support the mid urethra, or increase urethral resistance.’
- ‘Fever, fatigue, aches and pains, and a urethral or vaginal discharge often occur.’
- ‘During normal voiding the detrusor muscle contracts and the muscles of the urethral sphincter and pelvic floor relax in a co-ordinated fashion to allow the bladder to empty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.