One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A naturally occurring enzyme that hydrolyzes urea into ammonium carbonate.
- ‘It produces an enzyme called urease, which neutralises stomach acid.’
- ‘This hydrolysis of urea is facilitated by the universal and abundant enzyme, urease.’
- ‘However, six months after the end of treatment, only three of the 15 patients had a negative urease test, indicating the infection had returned in the others.’
- ‘They reduce the excessive amounts of calcium, uric acid or the enzyme urease, typically found in the urinary tracts of people with kidney stones.’
- ‘It creates a unique micro environment by secreting an enzyme called urease which creates a local environment of alkaline or not acid so that it can withstand acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.