A small bacterium related to the mycoplasmas, characterized by the ability to metabolize urea.
- ‘It allows the detection of ureaplasmas in case of parallel infections and identification of their species.’
- ‘It is likely that ureaplasmas can gain access to the prostate during an acute ureaplasmal infection of the urethra.’
- ‘Mycoplasma, chlamydia and ureaplasma are among the smallest of free-living organisms.’
- ‘Even if ureaplasmas use iron in their respiration, the iron use is probably different from that in other mycoplasmas.’
- ‘In 40 cases the other bacteria made it impossible to recognise the results of ureaplasmas in culture.’