One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The way of life characteristic of cities and towns.‘a lot of their songs are about cities and urbanism’
- ‘What a sad misuse of her central work that it becomes the mantra for a whole lot of sentimental, claustrophobic, fake urbanism.’
- ‘As segregation intensified, so did black political power, formed in the very institutions that exemplified the racist ideology built into 20th-century urbanism.’
- ‘In its gentle, humane urbanism, this historic city still offers lessons for the future.’
- ‘The graffiti in his films suggest a basic urbanism.’
- ‘Late 19th-century Mexican urbanism was still struggling with its Conquest-era foundations.’
- 1.1 The development and planning of cities and towns.‘his interests include issues related to architectural design and urbanism’
- ‘The master plan is an urbanism driven by architects and not developers.’
- ‘Far from being a designer frill, the courtyard is a 'building block' of coherent urbanism for an entire urban district.’
- ‘This residential complex with distinctive stacking blocks has widely influenced thinking about urbanism and building systems.’
- ‘They explained German approaches to 'landscape urbanism', which is landscape design in large and dense urban agglomerations.’
- ‘It traces developments of provocative networks and typologies for regional planning and new urbanism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.