One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The way of life characteristic of cities and towns.‘a lot of their songs are about cities and urbanism’
- ‘Late 19th-century Mexican urbanism was still struggling with its Conquest-era foundations.’
- ‘What a sad misuse of her central work that it becomes the mantra for a whole lot of sentimental, claustrophobic, fake urbanism.’
- ‘As segregation intensified, so did black political power, formed in the very institutions that exemplified the racist ideology built into 20th-century urbanism.’
- ‘In its gentle, humane urbanism, this historic city still offers lessons for the future.’
- ‘The graffiti in his films suggest a basic urbanism.’
- 1.1 The development and planning of cities and towns.‘his interests include issues related to architectural design and urbanism’
- ‘The master plan is an urbanism driven by architects and not developers.’
- ‘It traces developments of provocative networks and typologies for regional planning and new urbanism.’
- ‘Far from being a designer frill, the courtyard is a 'building block' of coherent urbanism for an entire urban district.’
- ‘They explained German approaches to 'landscape urbanism', which is landscape design in large and dense urban agglomerations.’
- ‘This residential complex with distinctive stacking blocks has widely influenced thinking about urbanism and building systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.