One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of uric acid.
- ‘This may be due to genetic factors, but usually drugs including alcohol result in the low urate renal clearance.’
- ‘The dietary need for potassium is obviated by the fact that there is a certain loss of potassium secreted with urates in the urine.’
- ‘These urate results strongly suggest that cherries can play an important role in fighting gout.’
- ‘In a normal healthy person, he argued, uric acid is excreted in the urine; if that process be interrupted, deposition of uric acid occurs in the form of urate of soda.’
- ‘Their urinary urate concentrations rose after they ate cherries, with peak excretion taking place three hours later.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.