A salt or ester of uric acid.
- ‘Their urinary urate concentrations rose after they ate cherries, with peak excretion taking place three hours later.’
- ‘In a normal healthy person, he argued, uric acid is excreted in the urine; if that process be interrupted, deposition of uric acid occurs in the form of urate of soda.’
- ‘These urate results strongly suggest that cherries can play an important role in fighting gout.’
- ‘The dietary need for potassium is obviated by the fact that there is a certain loss of potassium secreted with urates in the urine.’
- ‘This may be due to genetic factors, but usually drugs including alcohol result in the low urate renal clearance.’