One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Give increased importance, rank or weighting to.‘some advertisers upweighted TV, while others upweighted press’
- ‘Those who miss a midterm and have beforehand obtained permission will have their final grades calculated by proportionately upweighting all the other components of the grade.’
- ‘‘Although we did include this type of media right from the start, we have upweighted it since all the attention,’ says marketing manager Gidon Novick.’
- ‘The benefits of a successful tackle upweights the consequences of an unsuccessful tackle.’
- ‘This has the effect of upweighting the scores of features that occur in few categories and downweighting the scores of features that occur in many categories’
- ‘You can also upweight bids to target by age, gender, location and time and day of search.’
- ‘Online provides advertisers with an important opportunity to upweight campaign coverage outside the prime times for traditional media.’
Increase the proportion of (an asset or asset class) in a portfolio or fund.‘an opportunity to upweight equities where feasible within your risk profile’
- ‘Today Sable & Shuck announced plans to increase its acquisitions dramatically by upweighting marketing activity in the summer of 2004.’
- ‘However, upweighting is slow, possibly because it may be maladaptive to upweight quickly to any change in sensory conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.