One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride, a rigid, chemically resistant form of PVC used for piping, window frames, and other structures.
- ‘The property has many extra features such as private rear garden with a low maintenance exterior, gas fired central heating, uPVC double glazing windows throughout, etc.’
- ‘Repairs and improvements included thousands of houses to be fitted with double glazed uPVC windows and central heating, kitchens and bathrooms to be modernised or redesigned and new security fixtures to be installed.’
- ‘Well-designed uPVC windows can and do blend in and certainly do not distract from the surrounds.’
- ‘A gust of wind blew against the lace curtains which was all that protected the room from the torrential rain beating against the shattered uPVC double-glazing.’
- ‘Businesses in a Lake District village may be forced to remove their modern uPVC windows after the frames came under the critical gaze of national park planners, reports Karen Barden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.