Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride, a rigid, chemically resistant form of PVC used for piping, window frames, and other structures.
- ‘Well-designed uPVC windows can and do blend in and certainly do not distract from the surrounds.’
- ‘Repairs and improvements included thousands of houses to be fitted with double glazed uPVC windows and central heating, kitchens and bathrooms to be modernised or redesigned and new security fixtures to be installed.’
- ‘The property has many extra features such as private rear garden with a low maintenance exterior, gas fired central heating, uPVC double glazing windows throughout, etc.’
- ‘A gust of wind blew against the lace curtains which was all that protected the room from the torrential rain beating against the shattered uPVC double-glazing.’
- ‘Businesses in a Lake District village may be forced to remove their modern uPVC windows after the frames came under the critical gaze of national park planners, reports Karen Barden.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.