One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Time during which a machine, especially a computer, is in operation.
- ‘The Internet has created the need for digital data access, server uptime, data protection and, when required, data recovery.’
- ‘This allows for 100% uptime, even while services are modified.’
- ‘In most instances, cable modems give you great speed and fantastic uptime.’
- ‘The rapid acceptance of e-commerce is increasing the level of availability required for Internet infrastructures to obtain optimal uptime.’
- ‘Modules can be added while the library stays online, with minimal impact on operations providing maximum uptime.’
- ‘Keeping your business' data on-line and accessible is the foundation of overall system uptime.’
- ‘This translates into faster service and more uptime.’
- ‘Consolidation projects strive to increase business uptime while reducing the considerable cost of high availability.’
- ‘Everyone thinks they have a handle on machine uptime and true production time, but only those who measure and track such numbers truly know.’
- ‘This immediate access to important background information proactively ensures maximum uptime for the library.’
- ‘The type of disk chosen depends upon system requirements such as uptime, operating life and other features.’
- ‘Given the distance to town and parts, machine maintenance and uptime are key.’
- ‘The uptime for the play machines has not been great, because they need to be monitored continually.’
- ‘Here, the IT staff presents the business managers with a range of options and associated prices for levels of uptime, recovery time, and application response time.’
- ‘The capability to manage and monitor systems remotely from anywhere in the world increases efficiency, improves uptime, and reduces costs.’
- ‘Page load speed is a critical factor, in some cases even more important than uptime.’
- ‘Our main goals were to improve uptime and understand the causes for downtime.’
- ‘In hindsight, the new server has had over 150-days of uptime prior to the launch on October 1st, and we haven't had a single problem yet.’
- ‘There's easy access to the system's uptime, last login, date and time.’
- ‘Customers want a robust infrastructure with 100 percent uptime and global coverage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.