One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cake that is baked over a layer of fruit in syrup and inverted for serving.
- ‘For me, the winner was hot pineapple upside-down cake with ice-cream.’
- ‘‘If Mom baked a pineapple upside-down cake or a pie or a pound cake, or if my big sister brought home ice cream and maraschino cherries and bananas to make banana splits, we made whipped cream to go along with it,’ Ralph said.’
- ‘For his last meal, he requested filet mignon, pineapple upside-down cake, fruit punch, tea, and coffee.’
- ‘Pineapple is an amazing fruit, it's so versatile, and pineapple upside-down cake is probably one of the nicest things I've ever had.’
- ‘We had pineapple upside-down cake for dessert.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.