One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While they waited for the return of the Lord, Paul's converts were to behave uprightly, maintaining moral perfection.’
- ‘A free person lives uprightly, fulfilling his obligations to family, community, nation and God.’
- ‘The thief was not saved because he had not lived uprightly.’
- ‘Machiavelli begins by affirming that everybody realizes how praiseworthy it is when a ruler lives uprightly and not by trickery.’
- ‘They are tyrants and ideologues whose sole concern is imposing their Nietzschean will to power upon the weak, the uprightly bourgeois, the decently intentioned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.