A women's hairstyle in which the hair is swept up and fastened away from the face and neck.
- ‘With just a little bit of length, you can create a variety of different stunning updos and hairstyles using your fingers, heated irons, hot rollers or a diffuser.’
- ‘I felt uncomfortable and rather cold, but soon forgot about that as she tried to force my unruly hair into an elegant updo.’
- ‘Those with shoulder-length locks or longer can create a gorgeous updo like Terry's.’
- ‘Alex was getting her nails done and Brittany was in the process of getting her hair done up in a soft updo with long, curly, ringlets.’
- ‘I wish that I could pull her hair out of the updo that it was in and run my fingers through it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.